NAME AND SURNAME: _SEYYED MOHAMMAD BEHESHTI
DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH: ۲۷th February 1951 NATIONALITY: Iranian
EDUCATION: Higher Diploma in Mathematics
M.A. in Architecture, National University (Shahid Beheshti University)
Administrative and executive background:
- Director of Broadcasting, Network 1, Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, 1979;
- § Member of the Council for Plan and program, , 1979;
- § Director of Television program: Jahad-e Sazandegi (Construction Crusade), 1980;
- Production Director, Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, 1980 – ۱۹۸۱;
- Member of the Plan and Program Council, Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, 1980 – ۱۹۸۳;
- Director of Film and Serials, Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, 1981 – ۱۹۸۳;
- Director of the Organization, Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, 1983 – ۱۹۸۶;
- Member of the Board of Directors, the Organization of Tehran Beautification, since 1989;
- Member of the Council of the Organization of Tehran Beautification, since 1999;
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Farabi Cinematic Foundation, 1983 – ۱۹۹۴, and 1997 – ۲۰۰۲, and again sine 2013;
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Roudaki Foundation, 2002 – ۲۰۰۵;
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Foundation for Artistic Creations, since 1999;
- Permanent member of the Farhangestan-e Honar (Art Cultural Institute), since 1999;
- Head, The Architectural and Urban Planning of the Farhangestan-e Honar (Art Cultural Institute) group, since 1999;
- Member of the Culture and Industry Council, the Organization for Development and Renovation of the Iranian Industries, 2002-2005;
- Member of Higher Council for Architecture and Urban Planning, 1997 – ۲۰۰۲;
- Member of Higher Council for Architecture and Urban Planning of the city of Bam, 2003 – 2005;
- Member of the Cinema group, Farhangestan-e Honar (Art Cultural Institute), since 2005;
- Member of the Founding Board of the Cinema House, 1985;
- Head, Fajr International Film Festival, 1982 – ۱۹۹۲;
- Member of Scientific Board, Iranian Organisation for Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism, since 1997;
- Advisor to the Minister of Culture and Islamic Guidance, 1992 – ۱۹۹۷;
- Member of the Board of Directors, Tehran Construction Engineering Organization, 1997 – ۲۰۰۰;
- Founder of the Iranian Cinema Museum, 1998;
- Member of the Board of Directors, Farhagian Welfare Company, 1998 – ۲۰۰۱;
- President, Iran National Committee for ICOM, 1998 – ۲۰۰۵, and again since 2012;
- Member of the Board of Juries, Architectural Competition for the National Library of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1996;
- Member of the Board of Juries, Architectural Competition of the Bam’s Municipality and City Council, 2005;
- Member of the Board of Juries, Architectural Competition for the Amir Kabir University in Mahshar Port; 2005;
- Executive Director, Farabi Cinematic Foundation, 1983 – ۱۹۹۴;
- Executive Director, Development of Cultural Spaces Company, Tehran Municipality, 1994 – ۲۰۰۵;
- Deputy Minister, Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance, and the Head of the Iranian Cultural Heritage Organization, 1997 – ۲۰۰۳;
- Deputy to the President of Iranian Organization for Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism and Head of the Research Centre for Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism, 2004 – ۲۰۰۷ and since 2014;
- Member of the National Committee for Culture, Iranian National Commission for UNESCO;
- Member of the Board of Directors, Association of Cultural Works and Distinguished Figures, 1997 – ۲۹۹۷;
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Farabi hall and Museum, 1998;
- Member of the Board of Directors, the Centre for the Graduates of the Faculty of Architecture, University of Shahid Beheshti;
- Advisor to the Managing Director of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, 1994;
- Advisor to the President of the Iranian Organization for Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism, since 2013;
- Director, Project on the Encyclopaedia of the Architecture and Urban Planning of Iran, since 2006;
- Member of the Scientific Committee, The Conferences on the water in Dry and semi-dry territories (WATARID), since 2002.
- Member of the Scientific Committee, BARAN Foundation, 2014 – ۲۰۱۸
- Member of the Scientific Board, Higher Education Centre for Cultural Heritage, since 1998;
- Teaching at the Shahid Beheshti University;
- Teaching at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Tehran;
- Teaching at the University of Tarbiat-e Modarres;
- Teaching at the Art University.
- “Paraphrasing of the Mosque Architecture as a Place of Ascent of the believers” in : the First Congress of the History of Architecture and Urban Planning of Bam;
- “Outside and inside of the Architecture” in the Second Congress of the History of Architecture and Urban Planning;
- “Iranian Engineering” in the Journal of Aeen , Vol 28;
- “ Concept and the Nature of Museum” in the Journal Ravaq, Vol. 3;
- “Sonnet of Persian Garden”, in the Journal of Golestan-e Honar, Vol. 11;
- “The World of the Persian Garden”, in the Journal of Golestan-e Honar, Vol. 12;
- “ Norooz, the ground for the Dialogue between the Civilizations”, in the Journal Nameh-e Mah-e Honar, Vol. 29;
- “ From the Material Vacuum to the Understanding of Heaven: Appearance of inwardness by the hand of Traditional Masons”, in the Journal of Hekmat va Maarefat, Vol. 69;
- “ The Story of Tehran” in the Journal of Kandoo, Vol. 9;
- “Iranian Mosque, the place of the Ascent of the Believers”, Tehran, Rozaneh, 2000.
- “The Art of Revitalization”, In Iran: Architecture for Changing Societies. Philip Jodidio (ed). Torino: Umberto Allemandi & C.
- “Qazvin’s orchards; domesticated ecosystem”, In Paris: WATARID 3rd International Conference: Water, ecosystems and sustainable development in arid and semi-arid zones. June 2011.
And a number of other articles on the subjects of architecture, Conservation and Restoration of Historic Buildings and Architectural Decorations.
- Several National and International Film festivals;
- Several Meeting or conference on the subject of cultural heritage such as:
– Annual and bi-annual conference on the Conservation and Restoration of Museum Objects and Architectural Decorations, Iran;
– Bi-annual Conferences on Archaeology, Iran;
– First, Second and Third Conferences on the Architecture and Urban Planning in Iran.
- Fourth International Conference on Biodeterioration of Cultural Property, ICBCP-4, 21-25 November 1998, Tehran, Iran.
- General Conference of UNESCO, Paris, 1999;
- ۱۱th Session of the Executive Committee of the International Campaign for the Establishment of the Nubia Museum in Aswan and the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Cairo, Cairo, Aswan (Egypt): 30 October – ۲ November 2000.
- General Conference of UNESCO, 2001, Paris;
- The Aga Khan Award for Architecture, 2001 Award Presentation Ceremony Events, Aleppo, Syrian Arab Republic, 4 – ۸ November 2001.
- World Heritage Committee, Twenty-Sixth Session, Budapest, Hungry, 24-29 June, 2002.
- “Raising Awareness and Building Capacity for World Hertage Conservation”, The 30th Anniversary of the World Heritage Convention, World Heritage 2002, 14-16 November 2002, Venice, Italy.
- World Heritage Committee, Twenty-seventh Session, Paris, UNESCO Headquarters, 30 June – 5 July 2003.
- General Conference of UNESCO, Paris, 2003;
- International Workshop for the Recovery of Bam Cultural Heritage, April 2004, Bam, Iran;
- ۱۰th International Conference on the Archaeology, April 2005, New Castle, UK;
- Technical Meeting of the International Steering Committee on Recovery of Bam’s Cultural Heritage, May 2005, Rome, Italy.
- ۲۸th Session of the World Heritage Committee, Suzhou, China, 2004;
- Technical Meeting of Cultural Heritage, April 2005, Russia;
- The Conference on the Water in dry and semi-dry territories, Urumchi 2005, Yazd 2006, Paris 2011
- Several other conferences and meeting on cultural heritage, cinema, architecture, and conservation;
- Winner of the Agha Khan Award for Architecture for the project on Tabriz Bazaar, September 2013, Lisbon, Portugal.